Quorn Mince Curry with Vegetables
Try our delicious recipe for a healthier meat free Mince Curry. Made with Quorn Mince, onion, mushrooms, lentils, cauliflower, and a tasty curry spice blend. This tasty dish has less than 300 calories per portion, is low in fat and saturated fat, high in protein and three of your five a day.
10 g fat
13 g fibre
25 g protein
- 300g Quorn Mince
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 red onion, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Curry Spice Blend :
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground fenugreek
- 125g button mushrooms, quartered
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, sliced and then each slice cut into quarters
- ½ medium cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 tbsp grated root ginger
- 400g tin of cooked green lentils, drained 1 bunch of fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Pre-heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes. Add the curry spice blend and mushrooms and cook for a further 3-4 minutes. If the pan is very dry add a tablespoon of cold water, stir often and cover if necessary in between stirring to keep the spices from burning
- Stir in the stock and tomato puree. Bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook the cauliflower and carrot in boiling water for 5 minutes until beginning to soften. Drain well and add to the curry along with the Quorn Mince, grated ginger and green lentils. Stir well then re-cover and cook for a further 8-10 minutes
- Stir in the fresh coriander just before serving
Serve with chapattis.
Did you know? One portion of your 5-A-DAY equals 80g. This is roughly 2 broccoli or cauliflower spears, a large handful of mushrooms or a mug of frozen peas.
Why not batch cook this recipe, separate into portions and freeze for a later date!
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
One of the nicest curries I've had. Definitely will be cooking it again !
Best and healthiest mince you can get.
One of the nicest vegetarian curries I’ve had! Served it with Jasmine rice and it was delicious. I will definitely be meal prepping this dish to enjoy again, thank you! India
So delicious - definitely making this again!
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.