Quorn Roast Beef Vegetarian Reuben
Our veggie take on an American deli classic is made with layers of Quorn Roast Beef Style Slices, crunchy pickles and a homemade tangy take on Sauerkraut, all topped off with slices of wonderfully melty Emmental cheese.
Ready in just 15 minutes and super easy to make, this Vegetarian Reuben Sandwich is the ultimate lunchtime sandwich.
To make this Reuben recipe totally vegan, simply switch to use vegan cheese!
- Deli Food Recipes
- Vegan and Vegetarian Picnic Food
- Vegan And Vegetarian Sandwich And Wrap Recipes
- Lunch Recipe Ideas
16.3 g fat
- 4-5 Quorn Roast Beef Style Slices
- 4 slices sourdough bread or white bread
- 2 Emmental cheese slices
- 4 pieces of sliced pickled gherkins
- 1 handful of rocket
- 1 tsp yellow American mustard
- 70g white cabbage
- 70g red cabbage
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 carrot
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 1-2 tsp horseradish sauce
- To make the quick homemade Sauerkraut boil a full kettle then finely shred the red and white cabbage. Place in a bowl then cover with boiling water, leaving to soak for about 5 minutes until soft. After 5 minutes drain the water and rinse with cold water to cool then squeeze out any remaining water. Place in a bowl then peel and grate the carrot and finely slice the spring onion and mix with the cabbage.
- Make the tangy dressing by mixing together the tomato ketchup, red wine vinegar, mayonnaise and horseradish sauce then add to the veggies. Finely chop the dill and add then mix thoroughly until all the veggies are coated in the dressing.
- For the sandwich, toast the bread to your liking. Spread two slices of bread with mustard, then top with the pickles, Quorn Roast Beef Style Slices, and Emmental cheese. If you like your cheese melted, place the sandwich halves under the grill for a couple of minutes until the cheese is starting to melt.
- Add the Sauerkraut and rocket leaves then close the sandwich with your toasted bread slice then enjoy!
To make this sandwich fully vegan, simply switch to vegan cheese slices. You can also prepare the Sauerkraut the night before and store in the fridge. Just give it a good stir before using.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.