Quorn Sticky Pomegranate Sausages with Pilaf Cous-Cous
Try these delicious sticky glazed pomegranate Quorn Vegetarian Sausages served with a fluffy Pilaf Cous-Cous. The pomegranate molasses, honey and balsamic vinegar give these succulent Quorn Vegetarian Sausages a sweet-savoury stickiness that is impossible to resist.
This is a quick and easy meat free recipe for your mid-week dinner and the leftovers make a great next day lunch hot or cold!
- Meat Free Sausage Recipes
- Quick And Easy Vegan And Vegetarian Recipes
- Weeknight Dinner Recipes
- Family Meal Recipes
12.6 g fat
IngredientsFor The Sticky Pomegranate Sausages:
- 8 Quorn Vegetarian Sausages
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 200g cous-cous
- 250ml hot vegetable stock
- 15g pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- 30g dried apricots, chopped
- ½ cucumber, small dice
- 50g pomegranate seeds
- A handful coriander leaves, chopped
- A handful mint leaves, chopped
- Extra pomegranate seeds
- A handful of rocket leaves
- Lime wedges
For the Sticky Pomegranate Sausages:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (fan)/200°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
- To make the glaze, place the pomegranate molasses, balsamic vinegar, honey and crushed garlic into a small bowl and mix well.
- Place the Quorn Sausages and sliced red onion onto a baking tray. Drizzle over the glaze and toss to evenly coat.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 20 minutes. Stir halfway through the cooking time.
For The Pilaf Cous-Cous:
- Place the cous-cous into a glass mixing bowl. Pour over the hot stock, cover and leave for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, fluff the cous-cous with a fork and add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Divide the pilaf cous-cous between 4 serving bowls, top with the sticky glazed Quorn Sausages and red onion.
- Garnish with extra pomegranate seeds, rocket leaves and wedges of lime.
Recipe costs calculated by shopping all ingredients from Sainsburys and a 4 person serving. Prices correct at time of issue 06/11/23.
This sticky pomegranate glaze also works really well over Quorn Fillets.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
My whole family loved this recipe - thank you Quorn
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.