Quorn Vegan Pieces Flatbread
Give lunches and snack time a new lease of life with these low waste flatbreads made using store cupboard ingredients. Serve with Quorn Vegan Pieces or your fave veggies and minimise food waste by using up ingredients from the fridge!
A Little Effort
IngredientsIngredients For Flatbreads:
- 500g strong white flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 30ml olive oil
- 300ml warm water
- 150g-200g sourdough starter, or 1tsp yeast
- 1 tablespoon crushed coriander seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon crushed cumin seeds (optional)
- Quorn Vegan Pieces
- radish, sliced
- tomatoes, sliced
- cucumber, sliced
- broccoli, charred
- chickpeas, roasted
- carrots, sliced thinly
- spring onions, sliced
- seeds or nuts, toasted
- avocado, sliced or smashed
- kale, lightly cooked and seasoned
- lettuce (lambs lettuce works great for this!)
- hot sauce
Instructions For Flatbreads:
- Mix everything together in a bowl and knead for a few minutes until smooth and springy.
- Cover the bowl with a clean tea towel and leave in a warm place for an hour or so until it has roughly doubled in size.
- Knock back the dough and divide into 8 balls for large breads or 12 for small.
- Roll the dough balls flat and then cook for 1-2 minutes in a hot, dry pan (ideally a cast iron griddle) until a little charred on each side. You'll know when they're ready because they'll puff up.
- Cook the Quorn Vegan Pieces in a pan with a little oil on a medium heat until they cook through. You can shred the pieces a little by pulling them apart or roughly chopping with a knife and then toss them in a bowl with salt and pepper, or whatever seasonings you fancy.
- Place a flatbread on a plate and start adding the toppings.
- Cover the bread with a generous amount of houmous. You could also use smashed avocado, baba ghanoush, or pesto, all of which are easily made at home from ingredients you probably already have in your cupboards.
- Add your toppings: a sprinkle of spring onions, some thinly sliced radishes, carrots, pepper, or cucumber. Pickles are an excellent addition for a little tangy flavour as are roasted spicy chickpeas and charred broccoli. You could even sprinkle with a few toasted seeds or nuts, sunflower seeds and pine nuts work well. I used tomatoes, cucumber, radishes.
- Top with plenty of leafy greens such as lambs lettuce, cooked and seasoned kale, or rocket.
- If you like spice, drizzle over a little hot sauce or whichever dressing you prefer.
- The last step is to top generously with the cooked and seasoned Quorn Vegan Pieces then serve!
Tip: This recipe also works well with Quorn Vegan Fillets or, if you need to save on time, use shredded Quorn Ham-Free and Chicken-Free Slices.
Recipe by A Considered Life
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.