Quorn Vegetarian Chicken Pieces & Mushroom Pie
Enjoy a tasty Quorn Vegetarian Chicken Pieces and Mushroom Pie. Our vegetarian pie is meat free and now gluten free, using Quorn vegetarian chicken Pieces! It's the perfect vegetarian comfort meal for the whole family to enjoy!
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces Recipes
- Gluten Free Recipes
- Pie & Pastry Recipes
- Family Meal Recipes
34 g fat
- 300g Quorn Pieces
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 100g mixed mushroom , finely diced
- 200ml dry white wine
- 100ml cream
- 1 vegetable stock cube dissolved in 300ml hot water
- 1 tbsp cornflour dissolved in 2 tbsp cold water
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- Ingredients for the Pastry:
- 200g gluten free flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- Pinch of salt
- 75g butter
- 50g grated Cheddar
- 6 tbsp cold water
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6
- To make the pastry, sieve the flour, xanthan and salt into a bowl. Rub in the butter to make breadcrumbs then stir in the cheddar. Mix in the cold water gradually and form a dough. Cover and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes
- Preheat the vegetable oil in a frying pan and cook the onions for 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and mushrooms and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the wine and cook until the liquid has evaporated. Add the cream and stock, bring to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes. Add the corn flour and water and stir until thickened. Stir in the Quorn Pieces, black pepper and thyme. Pour into a pie dish
- Roll out the pastry dough on a lightly floured surface and roll to ½ cm thickness and gently cover the pie filling. Prick a few holes in the pastry and brush with the egg yolk
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Simple to make and really tasty flavours. I would probably use a more quality wine and a bit less thyme when making again. A great way to use quorn pieces ..delicious :-))
Absolutely delicious. Probably one of the nicest pies I've ever had and I'm a meat eater.
Hubby and I love this pie, so tasty! However, I do cheat a bit by using ready rolled puff pastry as a pie top. Also, I use dried thyme as it's cheaper and more convenient. Having it again tonight!
Easy to make and a definite favourite, very tasty. I added chopped carrots and peas to mine.
Bit too much wine for my taste but the rest was pretty good. Family enjoyed it!
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.