Spicy Vegan Harissa Quorn Rolls
Our friends at MOB have made this delicious vegan alternative to your classic sausage roll, and with a kick! Packed with our succulent Quorn Brilliant Bangers, cumin, caramelised onions, mushrooms and spicy harissa. Our Spicy Vegan Harissa Quorn Rolls are packed full of flavour, a delicious vegan roll for anyone to enjoy! Serve hot out the oven or allow to cool for the perfect addition to your meat-free picnic.
Recipe by MOB.
A Little Effort
- 6 Quorn Brilliant Bangers
- 1 large onion
- 150g chestnut mushrooms
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- Handful of fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 5 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 ready-rolled puff pastry sheet
- 1 tsp Za’atar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- Thinly slice the onion, mushrooms and garlic.
- Heat a glug of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 mins until fragrant.
- Add the onion and season with salt and pepper. Turn the heat down to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins.
- Add the mushrooms, season with another pinch of salt and pepper and toss to combine. Cook undisturbed for 10 mins then toss and cook undisturbed for another 10 mins.
- Add the garlic and stir fry for 2 mins then remove the saucepan from the heat and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Transfer the mushroom mixture to a food processor. Break the Quorn Brilliant Bangers into pieces and add to the food processor with the fresh parsley, harissa paste and 3 teaspoons of maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper and blitz until smooth-ish.
- Melt the vegan butter. Add the remaining 2 teaspoons of maple syrup and mix to combine to creat a vegan ‘egg’ wash.
- Unroll the puff pastry. Arrange the brilliant banger mix in a sausage shape on the pastry. Tightly roll to form a long sausage roll, seam side down.
- Brush the exterior of the roll with the vegan egg wash and sprinkle with the za’atar.
- Chop each roll into 8 pieces and arrange spaced apart on a large baking sheets.
- Bake for 30 mins, or until they are a deep golden brown and your pastry looks tender and flaky. Serve hot or allow to cool for a picnic snack!
Recipe by MOB.
for an optional dipping sauce, simply combine equal parts harissa paste and maple syrup and get dunking!
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
This is really good.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.