Sticky Sweet & Sour Quorn Nuggets
Bursting with flavour, this sticky sweet and sour Quorn Nuggets recipe is sure to go down a treat with the kids. Succulent and tangy pineapple chunks, flavoursome five spice, garlic and grated ginger all come together to create an irresistibly delicious aroma. Serve the crisp, golden nuggets with stir fried fresh vegetables and plain boiled rice, and sprinkle with sesame seeds for added crunch.
A Little Effort
11 g fat
Ingredients280g Quorn Crispy Nuggets Sweet & Sour Sauce:
- 1 227g tin pineapple in juice – chop the pineapple into chunks
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp five spice powder
- 2 clove garlic – peeled and finely grated
- 1 cm piece of ginger – peeled and finely grated
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large red or orange pepper – deseeded and sliced
- 1 large onion - sliced
- 130g baby sweetcorn - halved
- 130g mange tout
- 1 clove garlic - sliced
- 1cm piece of ginger- cut into fine strips
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- Heat your oven to 200c fan/gas 7 and line a baking tray with parchment.
- Drain the pineapple and save the juice.
- In a small pan mix the sesame oil, soy, honey, tomato ketchup, five spice, grated ginger and garlic. Mix the cornflour with the pineapple juice and add to the pan. Heat until the sauce begins to bubble and thicken. Remove from the heat.
- Take the Quorn Nuggets and coat in the sauce then place on the prepared tray. Bake for 15 minutes until sticky, crisp and golden. Keep the remaining sauce warm to serve as a dipping sauce.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan, add the prepared vegetables and pineapple cook over a hot heat and stir fry until the vegetable soft. Just before serving add the sesame oil and soy sauce. Stir well.
- Serve the sticky nuggets with plain boiled rice, the remaining sauce and the stir fried vegetables. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Absolutely loved this. Although I tweaked it by adding 1 tbsp rice vinegar and 1 tbsp tomato puree instead of ketchup. I also decided to cook the nuggets as they were without sauce and added the sauce to the vegetables once cooked as well. Simply chopped up the chicken and mixed into rice and veggies when serving.
These nuggets are amazing! Also tried making Korean "Chicken" Nuggets and they tasted great!
Absolutely amazing! They have so much flavour and feel healthy when you eat it! Really yummy, I used tinned pineapples and I also didn’t use any mange tout but was fine without it!
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.