Sweet Chilli Quorn Vegan Spring Rolls
Who doesn’t love a spring roll? Our friends at MOB have made this delicious vegan spring rolls recipe - a super untraditional (but super delicious) take on a classic takeout order.
Filled with Quorn Sweet Chilli Mini Fillets and bursting at the seams with fresh ingredients, these tasty vegan spring rolls are influenced by Vietnamese versions that use rice paper wrappers for maximum crunch. Tastes best when shallow fried until golden and crispy. Enjoy!
Recipe by MOB
A Little Effort
- 2 packs Quorn Sweet Chilli Mini Fillets
- ¼ white cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 100g shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2cm knob of ginger
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp MSG
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- 2 nests of rice vermicelli noodles
- 16 sheets of rice paper
- Handful of mint
- Vegetable oil
- Thinly slice your Quorn Sweet Chilli Mini Fillets and set aside.
- Julienne your white cabbage and carrots. Slice your mushrooms into thin pieces. Add this all to a bowl and grate in garlic and ginger. Add soy sauce, Shaoxing wine, sesame oil, salt, MSG and white pepper. Give it a stir.
- Pop your noodles in a heatproof bowl of boiling water, pop a lid on and let it cook for 2 mins.
- Pop a slightly wet tea towel on a surface and then it’s assembly time.
- Dip your rice paper into hot water for just a few seconds, evenly coat it with water. Put a rice paper on the towel, add two or three slices of Quorn Sweet Chilli Mini Fillets, a small handful of mixed veg, noodles and some mint leaves. Roll them up by folding both sides over the filling, then rolling them up snugly.
- Heat a pan with a good glug of oil. Once it is hot enough (around 180°C), pop three rolls in at a time and shallow fry until crispy. Turn them over to cook the other side too. Set aside on paper-lined trays until you’ve fried all of them, then repeat again to fry for a second time.
- Serve with some fresh lettuce leaves and sweet chilli sauce. Enjoy!
Recipe by MOB
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.