Turkish Shawarma & Tabbouleh
Try our zingy and fresh bulgur wheat salad topped with tasty spiced Quorn Roasted Sliced Fillets which make a delish Turkish kebab style shawarma. The tasty tabbouleh is a simple Mediterranean salad, made with finely chopped veggies, fresh parsley and bulgar wheat for a quick & easy dish that’s packed with flavour!
- 1x pack Quorn Roasted Sliced Fillets
- 50g bulgur wheat
- 2-3 spring onions
- 200g tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 50g parsley
- 50g mint
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 40ml olive oil to pan fry
- 1 tsp of Ras El Hanout
- ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- Cook the bulgur wheat in the vegetable stock, drain and set aside.
- Mix half a teaspoon oil with the Ras El Hanout spice mix and stir until combined. Next, coat the Quorn Roasted Sliced Fillets with the mix and ensure well covered.
- Using 1 tbsp of oil, pan fry the coated Quorn fillets over a medium heat, turning frequently for 3 minutes.
- Whilst the fillets are cooking, finely chop the spring onions, tomatoes and herbs.
- Mix the cooked bulgur wheat, chopped vegetables and herbs together with the lemon juice and olive oil, combining well to dress the bulgur wheat.
- Top with the Quorn Roasted Sliced Fillets, a garnish of fresh herbs and serve.
This recipe also works well with Quorn Fillets – simply defrost the Fillets, slice and coat with the Ras El Hanout spice mix as a substitute to Roasted Sliced Fillets.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.