Vegetarian Spaghetti Pasta Carbonara
This delicious vegetarian Spaghetti Pasta Carbonara is a great way to use up any leftover Quorn Ham Roast.
Made with a handful of ingredients, this classic Italian pasta dish combines crème fresh and garlic with cubes of succulent Quorn Ham Roast and black pepper.
It’s quick and easy to make and can be on your plate in 20 minutes, so it’s the perfect Monday night veggie meal after a Sunday roast.
Done properly, this really is a thing of beauty.
- Vegetarian Roast Recipes
- Pasta Recipes
- Italian Food Recipes
- Quick And Easy Vegan And Vegetarian Recipes
11.1 g fat
IngredientsFor The Carbonara:
- 100g cooked Quorn Ham Roast, diced
- 200g spaghetti
- 10 sprays low calorie cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150g reduced fat crème fresh
- 1 egg yolk
- A handful of rocket leaves
- A grating of vegetarian parmesan (optional)
- Black pepper
For The Carbonara:
- Cook the spaghetti pasta as per pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat a sauté pan over a medium-high heat. Add the cooking spray. Add the diced Quorn Ham Roast and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and a ladle of pasta cooking water to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Mix the crème fresh and egg yolk together.
- Add the crème fresh and egg mix to the pan and stir to combine.
- Drain the spaghetti and add to the pan. Stir to coat the pasta in the sauce. Cover the pan and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the carbonara into warmed pasta dishes. Garnish with a few rocket leaves, a grating of vegetarian parmesan cheese and fresh black pepper.
Recipe costs calculated by shopping all ingredients from ASDA and a 4 person serving. Prices correct at time of issue 06/11/23.
Swap the Quorn Ham Roast for Quorn Vegetarian Bacon Slices and serve with tagliatelle instead of spaghetti for a change.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Quick, easy & delicious - 5 stars!
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.