Quorn Honey Glazed Ham Roast
Honey, mustard and orange is the perfect sticky glaze for this Quorn ham roast. The accompanying sides each have a modern twist giving this recipe a contemporary feel. Perfect for a New Year celebration meal or buffet.
A Little Effort
8.2 g fat
- 1 Quorn Ham Roast
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 orange
- For the mulled red cabbage:
- ½ red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cooking apple peeled, cored and diced into large cubes
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 orange
- 2 star anise
- ½ tsp caraway seeds
- 3 cloves
- 2 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- For the roast clementine baby potatoes:
- 150g baby potatoes
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 1 clementine, zest only
- Salt and pepper
- For the hasselback sprouts:
- 12 large sprouts
- 1½ tsp olive oil
- 1 orange
- 15g breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
For the Quorn honey-glazed ham
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C(fan)/220°C/gas mark 7.
- Mix the honey, mustard and orange zest in a small bowl, reserve the juice for later.
- Place the Quorn Ham Roast onto a baking tray (keep the roast wrapped and tied). Roast for 60 minutes, brushing halfway with the honey glaze. Add the orange juice to the remaining honey glaze and reserve for serving.
For the mulled cabbage
- Place the shredded cabbage, apple, vinegar, orange juice and zest, and spices into a saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook, covered for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes add the redcurrant jelly and reduce uncovered for 5 minutes.
For the roast clementine baby potatoes
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with a little olive oil and the clementine zest, toss to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
For the hasselback sprouts
- Carefully trim the bottom of each sprout and slice in half lengthways. Place each half cut side down and make incisions along the length cutting halfway down to create a hasselback.
- Place the sprouts cut side down in an ovenproof dish and brush with a little olive oil.
- In a small bowl mix ½ tsp olive oil, breadcrumbs, zest of one orange and pomegranate seeds. Set to one side.
- Squeeze the orange juice over the sprouts and cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes spoon the prepared breadcrumb mix over the cooked sprouts and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Gently warm the reserved honey glaze. Carve the Quorn honey-glazed roast and spoon over the warmed glaze.
- Serve with the mulled red cabbage, hasselback sprouts and roast clementine baby potatoes and enjoy!
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Love this! It’s the best quorn roast out there. But I can rarely get hold of it. Please continue to produce it
Delicious when you can get to buy it!!!!!!
This was great but can't find it in any shops. Please bring it back.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.