Spicy Vegetarian Pork Ramen
Try this classic ramen recipe combining traditional Japanese flavours with a meat-free twist. A hearty warming broth perfect for colder wintry days and a great use for your leftover Quorn Ham Roast. Serve with your favourite noodles and a perfectly boiled egg.
A Little Effort
10 g of fat
- 1 pack Quorn Ham Roast, cooked according to package instructions
- 125g egg noodles
- 1L vegetable stock
- 2 slices of ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 spring onions
- ½ tbsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 115g shiitake mushrooms
- 4 bok choy stalks
- 2 eggs
- Bring a pan of water with a dash of salt to the boil. Lower eggs into water. Reduce heat to a simmer and let eggs cook for 6 minutes. Remove from pan and place eggs in a bowl of iced cold water.
- Place stock in a large saucepan with garlic, ginger, peppercorns & chilli flakes. Let his simmer on a medium low heat for 10-15 minutes. Then sift out and remove the garlic, ginger and peppercorns.
- Add the ramen noodles, shiitake mushrooms and bok choy to the broth. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Slice the Quorn Ham Roast into thin slices and cut the egg in half. Place over the top of the ramen, top with spring onions, sesame seeds and serve.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.