Warm Chickpea and Quorn Pieces Harissa Stew
Accented with spicy harissa sauce, this satisfying stew with aubergine, red pepper and Quorn Pieces is a true winter warmer. Drizzle with homemade tahini and serve with crusty bread for a delicious dinner.
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces Recipes
- Winter Comfort Food Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Family Meal Recipes
A Little Effort
17.4 g fat
- 1 pack (300g) Quorn Pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 small aubergines, chopped into 2cm cubes, 650g
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp harissa paste
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 250ml jarred strained, pureed tomatoes (passata)
- 125ml vegetable stock
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 70g feta, crumbled
- 35g toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- Pinch salt
- 1 loaf crusty bread, for serving
For the stew:
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Cook the onion, red pepper, aubergines, garlic and salt together for 10 minutes or until starting to soften.
- Stir in the Quorn Pieces and harissa. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring, until everything is well coated. Stir in the chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock, tomato passata and chickpeas, then bring to a simmer and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the sauce has thickened.
For the tahini sauce:
- Meanwhile, whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, water and salt until smooth.
- Divide the stew between 6 bowls, drizzle with the tahini sauce and top with feta, pine nuts and coriander.
Serve also with warm pitta bread or couscous.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Pleasantly surprised at how tasty this was. I added a 1/2 tsp each of ground cumin and ground coriander and used a spicy harissa paste. Also added 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the tahini sauce in place of some of the water. Will make this again.
Made this tonight, tasted fantastic, everyone loved it. Didn’t have any harissa so improvised with various spices. Will definitely make again.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.