Quorn Fillets Durban Curry
This delicious South African-style curry is low in saturated fat and high in protein. Made using Quorn Fillets which are a great addition to a healthy, balanced diet, will you try this recipe on your next meat-free Monday?
- 1 pack of Quorn Fillets
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3cm piece of root ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Durban masala or mild curry powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 cardamon seeds
- 250g tinned tomatoes
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 4 parboiled potatoes, each cut into 4 pieces
- 200g frozen peas
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a saucepan and saute onions until soft. Add the garlic, ginger and spices and cook for 5 minutes
- Add the tomatoes and water, bring to the boil then turn down the heat to a simmer for 15 minutes. Add the potatoes and Quorn Fillets and cook for a further 20 minutes
- Add the peas and simmer for a further 5 minutes then turn off the heat and garnish with fresh coriander
Did you know? Did you know that frozen veggies contain the same (and in some cases, more!) nutrients than fresh? They're often more convenient too.
This is a great recipe to batch cook, portion out and freeze for a later date.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
I have made this loads of times with both quorn and chicken and it is absolutely easy and delicious. I also freeze the base of the curry so I have it handy to add in the quorn, potatoes and peas and is ready in a flash! One of our favourites!
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review