Healthy Homemade Vegetarian Chipotle Tacos
Enjoy a smoky twist on traditional tacos with this chipotle infused recipe. The chipotle paste, garlic and onion mix makes a delicious accompaniment to the smooth avocado, citrusy pickled onions and crunchy taco shells. A simple meal idea that’s guaranteed to get the whole family involved.
- 1 pack Quorn Mince
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1-2 tsp chipotle paste (to taste)
- 1 vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- 390g carton chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 50ml water
- 400g tin kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Handful of chopped coriander
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 orange
- Taco Shells (2/3 per person)
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced avocado, dressed in lime juice
- Grated cheese
- Sour cream
- Preheat the oil in a large pan, fry the onion until soft but not coloured then add the garlic and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes more. Add the chipotle paste and the stock cube and stir through.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree and about 50ml water. Cook for 15 minutes until the tomatoes start to break down, adding more water if it gets too dry.
- Add the Quorn Mince and kidney beans then cook for a further 8-10 minutes. Season to taste then stir through the chopped coriander.
- Serve in a taco shell with shredded lettuce, diced avocado, the pink pickled onions and a sprinkle of grated cheese. Add a dollop of sour cream to taste.
Did you know? Quorn Mince is low in saturated fat and high in protein, making it a great addition to a healthy, balanced diet. This dish also includes kidney beans which can count towards our 5-A-DAY and are packed full of plant-based protein!