Quorn Royal Coronation Vegetarian Pie
This summer, try our Royal Coronation Vegetarian Pie made with Quorn Fillets and flaky shortcrust pastry. Our vegetarian fillets make the ideal filling for your vegetarian pie! Perfect for your next meat-free picnic or street party!
- Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Recipes
- Pie & Pastry Recipes
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces
- Picnic Food
A Little Effort
11.5 g of fat
- 9 Quorn Vegetarian Fillets, defrosted
- 5 tbsp mango chutney
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 75g crème fresh
- 5g coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 500g vegan shortcrust pastry
- 150g frozen spinach, defrosted
- 1 mango, stone removed and sliced
- 1 mild red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ tsp nigella seeds
- A little flour for dusting
- Mix the mango chutney, lemon juice, crème fresh, coriander and curry powder in a bowl. Set to one side.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C (fan)/ 200C/400F/gas mark 6.
- Roll 2/3 of the pastry on a lightly floured surface to the thickness of a pound coin. Line a 2 pound loaf tin with a strip of baking paper (this will help you lift your pie out of the tin when cooked).
- Line the prepared tin with the pastry, carefully pushing the pastry into the corners. Trim away any excess pastry.
- Layer the pie starting with 3 Quorn Fillets, 1/3 of the prepared sauce, half of the sliced mango, half of the spinach, and half of the chopped chilli. Repeat to layer the pie.
- Finish with the 3 remaining fillets and the remaining sauce.
- For the lid, roll the remaining pastry on a lightly floured worksurface to the thickness of a pound coin. Brush the edges of the pie with a little egg wash and top with the pastry lid. Trim away any excess pastry. Use any pastry trimmings to decorate the top of your pie. Lightly brush the top with egg wash and scatter with nigella seeds.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 1 hour. Allow to cool slightly before removing from the tin and slicing. Delicious served hot or cold!
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review