Trini Curry Chicken with Quorn Vegan Fillets
Bring some island sunshine to your table! Try a vegan take on the iconic Trini Curry Chicken with our recipe for this Trinidadian classic. Made with Quorn Vegan Fillets, our Trini Curry Chicken recipe has all the flavour of the original with a green seasoning base. Don't forget the roti!
- African Food Recipes
- Vegan Recipes
- Vegetarian and Vegan Curry Recipes
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces Recipes
A Little Effort
14 g of fat
- 312g Quorn Vegan Fillets
- 1 Small Bunch of Coriander
- 1/2 Small handful of parsley
- 1 stalks celery
- 2 spring onions
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 tsp of dried thyme
- 1 Scotch Bonnet pepper or less if you can’t handle the heat
- 3-4 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeño chili
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 300ml of vegetable stock
- 3 Tbsp marinade
- 2 potatoes, cut into cubes
- Salt to taste
- Blitz all the ingredients for the marinade except the Quorn Vegan Fillets, in a blender until smooth. In a shallow container or bag, marinade the Quorn Vegan Fillets with all but 3 tbsp of the mixture. Allow fillets to thaw and marinade in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, sauté onion, garlic and jalapeño over a medium heat until golden brown. Add in mixed spices and stir.
- Add in stock and cook until it begins to thicken.
- Add in potatoes and a little water and simmer for 10 minutes before adding salt, marinaded fillets and cook for a further 12 minutes.
- Add the last of the marinade and serve with rice or roti!
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
This is a good recipe to try. There is a good blend of spices used here which work very well together. However, the *star* of the show (the fillets) left me disappointed. If you don't like the taste of Quorn fillets, this marinade won't do anything to mask or change that flavour. One good surprise from this was the rice; It tasted great with some of the marinade, so much so that I'll make it into a regular addition!
This is a firm family favourite in our house. I substitute the jalapeno pepper with green pepper so it's not too spicy for the kids and they love it.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review