Quorn Mince & Butternut Squash Lasagne
Quorn Butternut Squash Lasagne is a delicious twist on an Italian classic. This Quorn vegetable lasagne is packed full of delicious layers of pasta, Quorn Vegetarian Mince, butternut squash and parmesan cheese for the perfect mouth-watering dish.
- Italian Food Recipes
- Vegan & Vegetarian Main Course Meals
- Vegetarian Mince Recipes
- Family Meal Recipes
A Little Effort
- 500g Quorn Mince
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 1 stick of celery diced
- 75g butternut squash chopped into small pieces
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 x 400g tinned tomatoes
- 1 tbl spoon tomato paste
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- 150ml hot milk
- 1 tsp of grated nutmeg
- 50g grated cheddar
- 25g aged Parmesan
- Lasagne sheets
- 200ml vegetable stock
- In a big saucepan, fry the carrot, butternut squash, onion and celery until soft. Then add the garlic and smoked paprika.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for a minute, before adding the Quorn Mince. Again cook for a further couple of minutes, then add the tinned tomatoes and vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil, then leave to simmer for an hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the béchamel sauce. Melt the butter in a pan, then add the flour. Cook for two minutes.
- Take off the heat and slowly add the hot milk, whisking as you go.
- Season and add the grated nutmeg.
- Start to build your lasagne, four layers of pasta deep. Finish with the béchamel, then the grated cheddar and parmesan.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees Celcius for approximately 45 minutes or until golden and crispy.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Good recipes however No calories, or nutrition info on any recipes
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.