Quorn Fillets with Aubergine & Mozzarella
Try this recipe for Quorn Fillets wrapped in aubergine and mozzarella in a tomato and balsamic vinegar sauce with toasted pine nuts. Ready in just 30 minutes, this tasty dish is high in protein and low in saturated fat!
A Little Effort
- 224g Quorn Fillets
- 50g of pine nuts
- 2 aubergines
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 can of tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 80 g of mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 200 º C
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan until they are nicely toasted
- Cut the aubergines lengthwise into cm-thick slices, grill a few minutes on each side in a hot griddle pan
- Saute the onion in the olive oil, add the cumin, paprika, chopped tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. Let the sauce boil for a few minutes, add salt and black pepper and the toasted pine nuts. Keep the sauce warm.
- Cut the mozzarella into 8 slices
- Divide each fillet horizontally, add a slice of mozzarella lengthways to the fillet and wrap with the grilled aubergine slices
- Cook the fillets in the oven for about 10 minutes. Pour over the sauce and serve with steamed green vegetables
Did you know? Aubergines are part of the nightshade family, along with tomatoes and potatoes, and are an excellent source of fibre. They are rich in antioxidants - specifically nasunin which gives it its gorgeous purple colour!
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.