Quorn Christmas Soup with Stuffing Crumble and Crispy Sage Leaves
This recipe is perfect for the holiday season and ideal for using up any leftovers from Christmas Day! This Christmas Soup has all the festive flavours and is topped with an easy stuffing crumble and deliciously cheesy gruyere & cranberry croutons.
Ready in under 30 minutes, this festive soup makes a tasty starter, or a warming lunch or light dinner over the festive season!
We’ve used Quorn Vegetarian Roast, but you can swap this out for any other Quorn Roast leftovers you have! It also works well with new Quorn Fillet Pieces, just adjust the cooking times accordingly.
Made with Quorn Vegetarian Roast
High in Protein
Low in Saturated Fat
For the Christmas soup…
- 150g leftover cooked Quorn Roast, diced
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 parsnips, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 orange, zest only
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 500ml milk
For the croutons…
- 2 tsp cranberry sauce
- 4 thin slices of sourdough
- 20g gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp dry stuffing mix
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- 8 sage leaves
- 4 tsp reduced fat crème fresh
For the Christmas Soup…
- Add a drizzle of oil to a medium saucepan. Heat over a medium heat. Add the carrots and parsnips. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the Quorn Roast, garlic and half of the orange zest. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the stock and milk. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and blend until smooth.
For the croutons…
- Thinly spread the cranberry sauce on each slice of sourdough. Top with grated cheese. Place under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
- Place the stuffing mix in a small bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of boiling water and mix. Allow to cool slightly. Crumble the stuffing onto a baking tray and place under a hot grill for approximately 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and allow to cool.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a small non-stick frying pan. Add the sage leaves and fry for 1-2 minutes. Drain on kitchen paper and set to one side.
- Ladle the soup into warmed serving bowls. Add a dollop of crème fresh and swirl. Crumble over the stuffing and garnish with orange zest and crispy sage leaves. Serve with cranberry gruyere croutons on the side.
This recipe is great for using leftovers from Christmas day. Why not use Christmas cheeseboard leftovers to make the croutons.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes