Creamy Vegetarian Chicken And Mushroom Tagliatelle
This is a super simple creamy vegetarian chicken and mushroom tagliatelle recipe that you will make over and over again. This 20-minute garlicky creamy vegetarian pasta is bursting with flavours of chestnut mushrooms and tossed with silky tagliatelle pasta for an easy dinner the whole family will love.
Completely meat-free by using Quorn Vegetarian Chicken Pieces, this decadent dish is so delicious, you might not be able to stop at one bowl!
- Weeknight Dinner Recipes
- Family Meal Recipes
- Quick And Easy Vegan And Vegetarian Recipes
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces Recipes
22 g fat
- 300g Quorn Pieces
- 250g chestnut mushrooms
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp thyme
- 100ml white wine
- 200ml vegetarian chicken stock
- 150ml cream
- 50g grated vegetarian hard cheese
- Black pepper
- 350g tagliatelle
- 10g parsley
- 15g butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Peel and finely dice the shallot and garlic.
- Finely slice the mushrooms.
- In a large pan over medium heat, add the oil and butter, allow to melt.
- Add in the shallots & garlic, sweat for 3-4 minutes, then increase the heat to medium-high.
- Add the mushrooms and thyme. Fry for 3-4 minutes until the mushrooms have released most of their moisture.
- In a separate pan, cook the pasta for 1 minute less than the packet instructions.
- Add the white wine and deglaze the pan until almost all evaporated. Add in the stock and Quorn Pieces. Cook for 10 minutes until the liquid has reduced by 3/4.
- Add in the cream and stir through.
- Add the pasta to the pan and cook for a further minute, if the sauce becomes a little thick, add a splash of pasta water.
- Toss through the parsley and season with black pepper.
- Plate up and top with the grated vegetarian cheese.
Finishing the pasta cooking in the sauce really helps the dish take on all that delicious creamy sauce and makes it super indulgent.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.