Healthy Homemade Vegetarian Chipotle Tacos
Enjoy a smoky twist on traditional tacos with this chipotle infused recipe. The chipotle paste, garlic and onion mix makes a delicious accompaniment to the smooth avocado, citrusy pickled onions and crunchy taco shells. A simple meal idea that’s guaranteed to get the whole family involved.
- 1 pack Quorn Mince
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1-2 tsp chipotle paste (to taste)
- 1 vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- 390g carton chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 50ml water
- 400g tin kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Handful of chopped coriander
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 orange
- Taco Shells (2/3 per person)
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced avocado, dressed in lime juice
- Grated cheese
- Sour cream
- Preheat the oil in a large pan, fry the onion until soft but not coloured then add the garlic and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes more. Add the chipotle paste and the stock cube and stir through.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree and about 50ml water. Cook for 15 minutes until the tomatoes start to break down, adding more water if it gets too dry.
- Add the Quorn Mince and kidney beans then cook for a further 8-10 minutes. Season to taste then stir through the chopped coriander.
- Serve in a taco shell with shredded lettuce, diced avocado, the pink pickled onions and a sprinkle of grated cheese. Add a dollop of sour cream to taste.
Did you know? Quorn Mince is low in saturated fat and high in protein, making it a great addition to a healthy, balanced diet. This dish also includes kidney beans which can count towards our 5-A-DAY and are packed full of plant-based protein!
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Easy to make and very tasty!
Very easy and tasty. Nice with mixed taco beans instead of kidney beans.
Simple and super tasty!
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.