Quorn Swedish Style Balls in Blue Cheese Sauce
Tasty Quorn Swedish Style Balls in a rich and delicious blue cheese sauce. And the best bit? It's just 307 calories per serving.
A Little Effort
19 g of fat
- 280g Quorn Swedish Style Balls
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 45g butter or margarine
- 25g plain flour
- 350ml vegetable stock
- 350ml milk
- 75g crumbled Gorgonzola cheese - or other blue cheese - Roquefort or Stilton work well too.
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- zest of lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Heat the oil and gently cook the Quorn Swedish Style Balls in a shallow frying pan
- Melt the butter or margarine in a small heavy based saucepan, add the flour, stir well and heat gently for 1 minute. Add the vegetable stock and milk and continue stirring over the heat until the sauce has thickened
- Reduce the heat and add the crumbled blue cheese, nutmeg, lemon zest, salt and pepper
- Continue to simmer gently for 4 minutes stirring regularly
- Place the meatballs in an ovenproof dish and pour over the blue cheese sauce. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C, Gas Mark 4 for 15 minutes or until browned and bubbling. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with pasta or rice or simply a fresh green salad
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.