Mexican Quorn Pieces Pasta Bake
Get inspired and try this delicious Quorn Mexican Pieces Pasta Bake recipe with Quorn Pieces. Enjoy meat free alternatives with Quorn.
A Little Effort
14 g fibre
- 300g Quorn Pieces
- 150g dried penne pasta
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 400g chopped tinned tomatoes
- 3tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 100g sweetcorn, drained
- 60g pickled jalapenos (optional)
- 50g tortilla chips, crushed
- 5 spring onions, sliced
- 75g Mexican cheese, grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6
- Cook the pasta as per the pack instructions, drain then set to one side
- Heat the oil in a medium pan, add the onion and fry for 4 minutes or until soft, stir in the garlic add the chopped red pepper, cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Stir in the chilli, smoked paprika and cumin and cook for a further minute
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes
- Stir in the Quorn Pieces and chopped coriander, season to taste.
- Add the sweetcorn and pasta and carefully mix
- Transfer to an oven proof dish and sprinkle the top with the pickled jalapeno, crushed tortillas, spring onions and Mexican cheese
- Bake on the middle shelf of the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes until golden brown and piping hot throughout
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Been making this for several years as a family favourite!
Love this recipe. So tasty. Have also used Quorn mince instead of the chicken, which worked well.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.