Quorn Porcini Arancini with Bolognaise
Looking for a new recipe to serve at your next dinner party? Channel your inner chef and try our Porcini Arancini with Bolognaise. Crispy fried balls of risotto rice are stuffed with a delicious veggie Quorn Mince Bolognaise. These are sure to be your new dinner party favourite.
- 100g Bolognaise (see Quorn Mince Lasagne recipe)
- 250g Arborio rice
- 1 white onion
- 50g dried porcini
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 100ml boiling water (for the Porcini)
- Small bunch of chopped parsley
- 4 eggs
- 100g dried breadcrumbs
- 100g plain flour
- 200g panko breadcrumbs
- 100g gorgonzola
- 100ml double cream
- 150g parmesan
- Add the boiling water to the porcini, and hydrate, take the porcini out and finely chop, make sure to keep the stock.
- Fry the diced onion until it goes translucent then add the Arborio rice. Cook until you can see cracks appear in the grains.
- Add the chopped porcini and porcini stock.
- Turn the heat down and slowly add the vegetable stock, making sure to constantly stir the rice.
- Season the rice, then take off the heat and leave to chill.
- Whilst it is cooling down, put the gorgonzola, nutmeg and cream in a pan, put on a low heat and wait for the cheese to melt.
- Bring to a gentle boil and turn the heat off.
- When the risotto rice is cool, add the chopped parsley, fine breadcrumbs, two eggs and parmesan cheese.
- Mix well, it should be a sticky but not too wet consistency.
- Roll it into balls, then using your finger, create a hole, fill the hole with the Quorn Bolognaise, then seal it up.
- Dip them into flour, then egg, then the panko breadcrumbs.
- To cook, deep fry for approx. 3 minutes until they are golden and crispy. 12. Serve with the gorgonzola sauce.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.