Quorn Crunchy Fillet Burger with Spicy Pea Guacamole
If you're looking for some meat-free pub grub at home then you've come to the right place! Discover our vegan chicken burgers, a perfect meal for the summer days! Serve our Vegan Crunchy Fillet Burgers with a spicy pea quac and charred sticky chillies for a burger feast with a kick. Delicious with homemade fries and a vegan chipotle dip.
A Little Effort
18 g of fat
- 1 pack Quorn Crunchy Fillet Burgers
- 1 cup iceburg lettuce, shredded
- ½ lime
- Bunch of fresh coriander
- 2 x vegan brioche burger buns
- For the Pea Guacamole
- 55g red jalapeno chillies
- 100ml white vinegar
- 60g drained cannellini beans
- 60g peas
- ½ small red onion
- 8 slices jarred red jalapeno chillies
- Bunch fresh coriander
- ½ lime
- For the Charred Sticky Chillies:
- 4 x red chillies
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp water
- For the Vegan Chipotle Dip:
- 2 tbsp Vegan Mayo
- 1 tsp oChipotle Paste
- 2 sliced spring onions
- Slice the red chillies for the pea guacamole, cover in boiling water and leave for 5 minutes. Drain the water and add in the white vinegar, leave to pickle for at least 15 minutes.
- preheat the oven to 200 degrees C fan and cook the Quorn Crunchy Fillet Burgers according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, cook the peas and cool quickly in iced water to keep the colour. Roughly mash to keep some texture.
- Mash (or blend in a food processor) the drained cannellini beans and Drain the red chillies from the vinegar.
- Finely chop the red onion, pickled chillies and coriander, and mix with the cannellini beans and the mashed peas along with the juice of half a lime.
- For the charred sticky chillies, cut the chillies in half and remove the seeds. (or keep them in if you like it extra spicy!) Heat a small frying pan on a high heat and dry fry the chillies until lightly charred on both sides.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the sugar and water which will bubble up and caramelise around the chillies.
- Finely shred the Iceburg lettuce and remaining coriander and mix in a bowl with the juice from the other half of the lime.
- To make the vegan chipotle dip, mix the vegan mayo, lime juice and chipotle paste together. Stir in the spring onion and transfer to a small serving bowl.
- To assemble the burgers, lightly toast the inside of each half of the brioche buns. Divide the shredded lettuce between the base of the buns, then top with the cooked Quorn Crunchy Fillet Burgers, the guacamole and the charred sticky chillies. Top with the bun lids and enjoy!
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.