Quorn Vegetarian Mince Tinga with Sweet Potatoes
A Mexican staple! These spicy loaded sweet potatoes are stuffed with chipotle Quorn Mince and are ready in just 5 simple steps. Top with cheese, guac or salsa for a delicious Mexican feast. Serve alongside salad or as part of a tasty burrito bowl.
- 5 in 5 - 5 Ingredient Vegetarian Recipes in 5 Steps
- Vegetarian Mince Recipes
- Vegan And Vegetarian Mexican Recipes
- Vegan And Vegetarian Recipes Under 500 Calories
5.9 g fat
- 300g Quorn Mince
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tsp chipotle paste
- 400g tin of tomatoes
- 4 sweet potatoes
- Toppings of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4.
- Wash the sweet potatoes and prick with a sharp knife, place in the oven and cook for approximately 45 minutes or until a knife slides into them easily.
- Meanwhile, place a large non-stick ovenproof frying pan on a medium heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to the pan and fry off the onion for 6-8 minutes until translucent.
- Add the chipotle paste, cook for a further 2 minutes then add the tomatoes. Simmer for 15 minutes, then add the Quorn Mince and cook for a final 5 minutes. Season to taste.
- Slice the sweet potatoes in half, generously fill them with the tinga, and add your favourite toppings – ours are sour cream, zesty guacamole and shredded cheese!
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
This is a really lovely and very easy recipe to make. It went down with veggie guests a treat!
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.