Try this delicious recipe for ratatouille. Made using Quorn Pieces which are low in saturated fat and high in protein, this easy dish is packed with veggies such as tomatoes, onion, courgette and aubergine.
11 g fat
- 350g Quorn Pieces
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 aubergine, cubed
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 large beef tomatoes, diced
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 4 heaped tbsp sundried tomato paste
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 heaped tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 60g black olives, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped capers
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Ingredients for the Topping
- 2 tbsp breadcrumb
- 1 tbsp vegetarian Parmesan
- 1 tbsp basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan on a medium to high heat and brown the pepper, aubergine and courgette then set aside. Fry the onion gently until softened then add the garlic, browned vegetables, vegetable stock, tomato puree, chilli flakes, balsamic vinegar and sugar and heat gently for 5 minutes
- Stir in the Quorn Pieces, tomatoes, basil leaves, black olives and capers and season then bring to the boil and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Pour into an ovenproof container
- Mix the topping ingredients together and sprinkle over the ratatouille. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown
Did you know? This recipe includes a tsp of sugar which is simply to help balance out the acidity that sometimes can occur due to the addition of tomatoes. It's not compulsory and feel free not to include it if you prefer!
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Very easy to make and tasted great. I had to swap out fresh basil for dried as the store didn’t have it but was still lovely.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.