Quorn Vegan Pieces Paella Recipe
A fresh take on this classic Spanish delight, Quorn Vegan Pieces paella is packed with mouth-watering ingredients – bold green and yellow peppers, green beans and sweet tomatoes, cooked together with Quorn Vegan Pieces, Quorn Vegan Pepperoni Slices and rice. It’s beautifully flavoured for an authentic taste with garlic, smoked paprika, saffron and chilli powder, and the garnish of freshly chopped parsley, olives and lemon wedges will give you a gorgeous-looking dish fit for a queen, or king.
A Little Effort
- 280g Quorn Vegan Pieces
- 1 pack Quorn Vegan Pepperoni Slices
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 200g fine green beans, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- couple of strands of saffron
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 250g long grain rice
- 900mls vegetable stock (made with 2 stock cubes)
- 100g cooked beans of your choice - Black Eyed Beans, Kidney Beans etc.
- 400g fresh tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 200g frozen peas
- 3 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Olives and lemon wedges to garnish (optional)
- Pre-heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion, peppers and beans for 3 minutes, add the garlic and spices and cook for a further 2 minutes
- Stir in the rice and stock, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently
- Meanwhile heat the rest of the oil and fry the Quorn Pieces for 2-3 minutes until golden, then set aside
- Reduce the heat, add the Quorn Vegan Pieces and Quorn Vegan Pepperoni Slices tomatoes, peas and green beans and continue cooking for a further 5 minutes. Season to taste. Turn off the heat and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
- Garnish with the olives and lemon wedges
Did you know? Peppers are a good source of vitamin C which has lots of important functions in our body, such as helping to protect our cells and keep them healthy!
Paella is a great excuse to use up any veggies you have lying around the kitchen - the more colourful the better! Whether fresh or frozen, they work equally as well.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.