- Cook the sausages in a frying pan or wok with the olive oil, turning regularly until brown and crisp (you can cook them lighter if you perfer)
- Place the sausages on a plate to cool. Once cool, cut them into thirds
- Once the pan is a little cooler, give it a wipe, then fill with enough oil to cook the sausages bites in and heat
- Make the batter. In a medium size bowl mix the flour with the spices, then pour in the sparkling water and stir until you have a batter about the consistency of double cream. Don't worry if it's a little lumpy
- Coat the sausage bites in batter and gently lower into the hot oil. I only cooked 3 or 4 at once. They only need a few seconds on each side, then lift them out onto a plate covered in kitchen paper (to catch any excess oil)
- Keep doing this in small batches until they are all done and serve with ketchup or salad
This recipe has been created by one of our Quorn™ivores. Have a look at our blog where you will be able to meet our Quorn™ivore chefs and be inspired to create delicious, healthy meals.