Poached Quorn Swedish Style Balls with Fragrant Coconut Broth
Enjoy our Quorn Swedish Style Balls with a tasty Thai-inspired twist. Simply poached in a delicious creamy coconut broth with aromatic spices – so flavourful even your meat-eating friends and family will be blown away.
A Little Effort
- 300g Quorn Swedish Style Balls
- 3 tsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds – lightly crushed
- 1 tbsp Cardamom pods – lightly crushed
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 20g Red Chilli, finely sliced
- ½ tsp Lemongrass paste
- 1 knob Ginger, sliced
- 450 ml Vegetable stock
- 400ml Coconut milk
- 1-2 Limes (use more or less depending on taste)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Spring Onion, Chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander, Chopped
- 3 tbsp Coconut Flakes
- Fry Quorn Swedish Style Balls, with 1 tsp of oil, for 15 mins, until browned.
- Heat up the remaining oil in a pot over medium heat. Add coriander seed, cardamom pods, turmeric, cinnamon, chilli, lemongrass and ginger. Stir well.
- Pour in vegetable stock and coconut milk. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-8 minutes, until mixture thickens.
- Carefully pour the contents, through a sieve, into a container. Add the sieved liquid back to the pot and return to simmer.
- Add the Quorn Swedish Style Balls to the pot.
- Add the zest and juice of limes, to taste, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, ladle the Quorn Swedish Style Balls into a bowl and pour over the broth.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion, coriander, and coconut flakes.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.