Vegan Carbonara with Quorn Smoky Vegan Ham
Whip up our vegan carbonara and enjoy a delicious dinner in minutes! Made with Quorn Smoky Ham Free Slices and a soy milk-based sauce, our vegan carbonara recipe is an easy way to make a meat-free mid-week meal. Our vegan carbonara is also super easy to customise - mix it up with chestnut mushrooms or toss capers in the sauce for a tasty twist on this Italian classic!
A Little Effort
- 100g Quorn Vegan Smoky Ham Free Slices
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp. plain flour
- 400ml soy milk
- Salt and pepper
- 5g flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 300g spaghetti
- Extra flat leaf parsley to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over a medium heat. Add the shallot and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the plain flour, stir well to coat and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly add the soy milk to the pan whisking to avoid lumps. Bring to the boil and reduce to sauce consistency. Lower the heat and add the Quorn Smoky Vegan Ham, stirring gently to warm through.
- Set to one side, season to taste with salt and pepper and add the chopped parsley.
- Cook the spaghetti as per pack instructions, drain and add to the sauce tossing to coat.
- Divide into warmed serving bowls and garnish with extra flat leaf parsley.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
It was good.
Amazing! I am vegetarian, not vegan, so I used milk instead and added in some grana padano cheese and tossed the spaghetti in butter before adding to the sauce.
Not much flavour, very sticky. Followed the recipe but found it to be a sticky consistency. Advice is to add more veggies of your choice for flavour and more soy milk than the recipe states.
Came out great for my first try!
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.