Quorn Vegan Ploughman's
The classic pub lunch gets a vegan update! With Quorn Vegan Smoky Ham Free Slices and Violife Epic Mature Cheddar Flavour Block, our Vegan Ploughman's is a quick and easy meat-free meal. Topped with homemade quick-pickled onions and ploughman's relish, our open-faced Vegan Ploughman's sandwich packed with flavour - the perfect thing to pack for a meat-free picnic!
17 g of fat
- 8 Quorn Vegan Smoky Ham Free Slices
- 100g Violife Epic Mature Cheddar Flavour Block cut into 8 slices.
- 4 slices rye or sourdough bread
- 1 apple
- 4 tsp ploughman’s relish/pickle
- 4 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- Handful peashoots or watercress to garnish
- For the quick pickled onions:
- 1 red onion
- Tsp salt
- 100ml red wine vinegar
- For the quick pickled onions, peel and thinly slice the red onion into rounds then add to a wide bowl.
- Cover the onions with water from a recently boiled kettle and leave to steep for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes drain the onions and rinse with cold water then add the salt and cover with the red wine vinegar and leave to pickle for 20 minutes.
- To assemble the open sandwiches, spread each slice of bread with the vegan mayonnaise then top each slice of bread with two Quorn Vegan Smoky Ham Free slices, and two slices of Violife Epic Mature Cheddar Flavour Block.
- Cut the apple in to fine slices and add on top of each sandwich along with a teaspoon of the ploughman’s pickle.
- Drain the quick pickled onions and add to the top of each sandwich then finally garnish with the watercress.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.