Quorn Pieces Vegetable Tagine
Pack in your veggies and protein with this delicious one-pot vegetable tagine. Serve up with couscous or rice for a perfect comforting meat-free meal. Recipe by In The Kitchen With Gem
- Vegan And Vegetarian African Food Recipes
- One Pot Recipes
- Family Meal Recipes
- High Protein Vegetarian Recipes
10.8 g protein
- 300g Quorn Pieces or Quorn Vegan Pieces to make it vegan
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 1 butternut squash, cubed
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tbsp harissa paste
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion for 5 minutes or until it begins to soften
- Add Quorn Pieces, garlic, cumin, cinnamon, turmeric and harissa and cook for a further minute
- Then add the peppers, butternut squash and courgette to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes
- Pour over the stock, canned tomatoes and bring to the boil. Season to taste, add the maple syrup, cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes on a low heat, stirring every so often
- Serve with couscous and fresh mint
Recipe by In The Kitchen With Gem
Recipe costs calculated by taking the average ingredients price across Morrisons, ASDA, Sainsbury’s and Tesco. Prices correct at time of issue.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Absolutely delicious! Went down a treat in my house.
Me and my partner loved this! Definitely will be making this again!
As it is December, I didn't have any courgettes, but that didn't matter. Substitutions - I used Onion Squash instead of butternut, I added a can of chickpeas instead of couscous, too. I used a 'Marrekesh' spice blend which worked really well instead of the listed spices. Very tasty and warming.
So yummy and tasty
Really delicious..I added an extra can of chopped tomatoes to thicken it up and served with cous cous and a dollop of sour cream
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.