BBQ Burnt End Style Quorn Vegetarian Roast
Upgrade your meat-free BBQ with this Burnt End Style Quorn Vegetarian Roast using the NINJA Woodfire for the perfect flavour. This recipe smokes the Quorn Roast for 3 hours before smothering in a sweet sticky homemade BBQ sauce for a mouth-watering smoky flavour.
An epic centrepiece that your friends and family will love! Serve with loaded potato skins and homemade coleslaw, or simply load it into a crusty roll for the ultimate summer vegetarian BBQ feast.
2 g fat
- 1 Quorn Vegetarian Roast
- Olive oil
- BBQ rub
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fully defrost the Quorn Vegetarian Roast and preheat smoker to 120°C.
- Remove the Quorn Roast from the plastic packaging and pat dry, before coating with olive oil and apply BBQ rub all over.
- Smoke the Quorn Roast in your Ninja for 2-3 hours until the internal temperature reaches 71°C.
- Whilst the Roast is smoking, prepare a BBQ sauce by combining and then simmering the ingredients on the hob for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the Roast is smoked to temperature, cool, then cut into 1-inch slices, before tossing into the BBQ sauce.
- Next, increase the smoker temperature to 135°C and smoke the slices for an extra 45 minutes to 1 hour, until glazed.
- Serve with the leftover BBQ sauce, your favourite sides and enjoy!
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.