Quorn Mince Chilli Tacos
4.3076923076923 out of 5, 1 based on 13 ratings
Straight out of Mexico comes this mouth-watering Quorn Chilli Tacos recipe fun for all the family.
- 350g Quorn Mince
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (Quorn just needs to be added to the sauce, so the recipe requires about 50% less oil than you would usually use)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 215g can kidney beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons chopped coriander plus 1 tablespoon for garnish
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8-12 taco shells
- 6 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 10cm piece of cucumber, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 small iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Saute the onion and garlic for 2 minutes, then add the chilli powder, cumin and cinnamon and cook for minute. Stir in the Quorn Mince, coating it well with the spices. Stir fry for minute.
- Add the green pepper, tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato puree and oregano. Season to taste with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir in the coriander. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the garnishes by mixing together the yoghurt, spring onions, cucumber and coriander and setting aside to chill until required.
- Slice the tomatoes and shred the iceburg lettuce, set aside until required for garnishing.
- Heat the tacos in a warm oven or under the grill for 3 minutes.
- To serve, place the chilli and warm taco shells on the table accompanied by the yoghurt, lettuce, tomatoes and grated cheese in separate serving bowls. Simply ladle some Quorn chill into the taco shells and everyone then adds their own toppings.