Vegetarian Creamy Swedish Meatballs
Meatballs on the mind? You don’t even need to get your hands dirty with this one-pot wonder featuring our Quorn Swedish Style Meatballs! Served with a traditional creamy gravy, perfect for a comforting weeknight meal.
27 g of fat
- 1 packet Quorn Swedish Style Meatballs (frozen)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 ⅓ cups vegetarian beef-style broth
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 2 tsp salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a frying pan. Add Quorn Swedish Style Meatballs and cook according to packet directions
- In the meantime, start making the sauce. Add 3 tbsp butter to a heavy pan. When butter is melted, add 3 tbsp flour and cook for 1-2 mins until lightly browned.
- Add beef-style stock slowly, stirring continuously until all incorporated. This will thicken slightly, so continue to stir for 2-3 mins, ensuring it is smooth and the raw flour is cooked. If too thick, add extra stock to the sauce.
- Add sour cream; soy sauce and mustard until combined.
- Stir cooked meatballs into sauce mixture, and heat through.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley on top, and serve immediately on its own or over pasta, rice, or potatoes!
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Horrible thick and claggy sauce with a very odd aftertaste.
Optimisitc about this one. not cooked yet but proably will soon.
This recipe was super easy to follow and tasted absolutely amazing! I made a couple of adjustments (light sour cream, more meatballs kind of thing) and it was delish!! Thank you Quorn!
Flavour ok. Not sure if proportions are quite right. Maybe less flour. think it’s be better with practice.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.