Vegetarian Gnocchi with a Quorn Mince Ragu
This simple gnocchi recipe with Quorn Mince is ideal for a light lunch or family dinner. Impress your loved ones by with homemade gnocchi and a delicious ragu. Decorate with rocket to add that perfect finish. This lovely meal can be whipped up in just 45 minutes.
IngredientsFor the gnocchi
- 400g Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 250g tofu
- 200g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp salt
- 50g rocket, chopped
- 350g Quorn Mince
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100g tomato puree
- 60ml red wine (vegetable stock can be used as alternative)
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 1 cinnamon stick
- salt and pepper
- Rocket leaves to garnish
- Place the potatoes into a saucepan of cold water, bring to the boil. Boil for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash.
- Place the mashed potato into a mixing bowl, add the remaining gnocchi ingredients and mix well to form a sticky dough.
- Tip the dough onto a well-floured work surface and divide into 4. Roll a piece into a sausage shape approximately 60cm long (dust your hands with flour if the dough is getting too sticky to work with). Cut into pieces at 3cm intervals. Repeat to use all of the dough.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the gnocchi in batches and cook for approximately 3 minutes or until the gnocchi rises to the surface. Remove using a slotted spoon and set to one side.
- To make the Ragu, heat a drizzle of olive oil in a sauté pan. Sauté the onion for 3 minutes over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato puree, red wine and Quorn Mince, cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, vegetable stock and cinnamon stick. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Season to taste and set to one side.
- To serve, heat a drizzle of oil in a non-stick frying pan. Fry the gnocchi over a high heat in batches to brown the gnocchi on all sides and spoon into warmed serving dishes.
- Spoon over the Quorn Mince Ragu, scatter with a handful of rocket leaves and season with black pepper.
The rocket can be swapped for basil or spinach for a change.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.