Vegetarian Irish Stew with Quorn Beef Roast
This Vegetarian Irish Stew is totally comforting and wholesome, making it the perfect autumn recipe to tuck into. It’s brimming with vegetables softened gently in a rich gravy made with herbs and Irish stout. Finished with tasty Quorn Beef Roast this dish is calling out for cosy nights in.
Pair this veggie stew with crusty bread to mop up the rich gravy and serve up with green veg, the perfect comfort food for the whole family!
- Vegetarian Roast Recipes
- Casserole & Stew
- Vegan And Vegetarian Traditional British Food
- Vegetarian Autumn Recipes
9.9 g fat
- 1 Quorn Beef Roast
- 1 large brown onion
- 2 carrots
- 3 sticks of celery
- 400g red skinned potatoes
- ½ 10g vegetable stock cube dissolved in 600ml of boiling water
- 250ml Irish stout – optional (we used Guinness)
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- ½ tsp marmite
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- Preheat your oven and cook the Beef Roast according to the packet instructions.
- Whilst the Beef Roast is cooking, peel the onion and carrot and cut into chunks, along with the celery. Heat a casserole dish or large saucepan on the hob and add the olive oil. Add the vegetables and cook gently on a medium heat until softened.
- Add the Irish stout (optional) and reduce by about half to cook off the alcohol. Add the tomato purée and stir letting it cook out for a couple of minutes then add the flour, stir and cook out for a minute or so.
- Add the vegetable stock, stirring well to get any of the caramelised bits off the bottom of the pan then reduce the heat to a simmer. Add the marmite and herbs.
- Peel and chop the potatoes into 1 inch cubes then add to the pan and leave to cook for 20-30 minutes until the potatoes have softened and the gravy has thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the Beef Roast has cooked, allow to cool for a few minutes, then remove the packaging and cut into 1 inch cubes and add to your stew.
- Allow to cook for 5 minutes then serve your stew with green veg, crusty bread and butter.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
My local supermarket only had the chicken roast so i used it instead and it was AMAZING. Best stew iv every had if i do say so myself.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.