Beef Roast Dinner with Air Fryer Roast Potatoes
You can’t beat a roast dinner, especially one that’s cooked with minimal oil and in less time in the air fryer. Tasty Quorn Beef Roast is served with the ultimate air fryer roast potatoes – super crunchy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
Along with air fried carrots and parsnips, delicious red onion gravy and heaps of green veggies, this wholesome vegetarian roast dinner is quick and easy to prepare.
- Vegetarian Roast Recipes
- Vegan and Vegetarian Air Fryer Recipes
- Sunday Roast Recipes
- Vegan And Vegetarian Traditional British Food
12.5 g fat
- 1 Quorn Beef Roast
- 3-4 carrots
- 3-4 parsnips
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- 4 Maris Piper potatoes
- 1 tbsp semolina
- 200g tender stem broccoli
- 200g fine green beans
- 1 large red onion
- ½ 10g vegetable stock cube dissolved in 750ml of boiling water
- 50ml port (optional)
- 1 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- 1 tsp marmite
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
Instructions are for a two-drawer air fryer.
How to make the Beef Roast Dinner:
- Pierce the Quorn Beef Roast and place in one of your air fryer drawers and cook at 180°C for about 45 minutes until piping hot throughout. Turn the roast every so often so it cooks evenly.
- Peel your carrots and parsnips and cut into sticks around 2cm thick and 5cm long. Place in a large bowl and coat with 1 tsp of oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the carrots and parsnips in your second air fryer drawer and cook at 190°C for around 20 minutes, giving the drawer a shake halfway through to ensure the veggies cook evenly. Cook until browned and cover and put to one side to keep warm.
- Meanwhile make your gravy: peel and cut your onion in half then slice thinly. Put a saucepan on a medium heat and add your butter and 1 tsp of oil then add the sliced onions. Cook gently for around 5-10 minutes until the onions have softened and started to caramelise.
- Add your port (optional) and reduce by half to cook off the alcohol, this should take around 5 minutes. Add the flour and stir, cooking out the flour for a minute or so. Add the vegetable stock, bay leaf, redcurrant jelly and marmite and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes whilst the Quorn Beef Roast is cooking and until the gravy has thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
How to make the Ultimate Air Fryer Roast Potatoes:
- Peel your potatoes and cut into quarters or thirds depending on their size. Rinse the excess starch off the potatoes then place in a bowl and toss with 1 tsp of oil, salt and pepper and your semolina ensuring all the potatoes are coated in the semolina.
- Place in your air fryer (once the carrots and parsnips have cooked) and cook for an initial 20 minutes at 160°C, giving them a shake halfway. Then turn the temperature up to 200°C and cook for a further 20 minutes giving the drawer a shake halfway through to ensure the potatoes cook evenly. The potatoes should be golden and crispy!
Finishing the Beef Roast Dinner:
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook your broccoli and green beans for a couple of minutes until tender with a slight bite.
- Serve your Quorn Beef Roast with the crispy roast potatoes, roast carrots and parsnips and green veggies and pour over the red onion gravy.
The cooking time may need to increase based on the size of your air fryer, so increase as needed.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.