Vegetarian Migas with Quorn Fillets
This delicious Migas recipe is a tex-mex classic!
Fry peppers and onions with egg, then mix with crispy strips of corn tortillas and cooked shredded Quorn Vegetarian Fillets. Top with tomato, chilli and cheese then bake in the oven until melty and golden.
Serve up this vegetarian Migas with a fresh zingy salsa, this Mexican dish makes an amazing breakfast, brunch or tasty lunch!
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces Recipes
- Vegan and Vegetarian Breakfast And Brunch Ideas
- Vegan And Vegetarian Mexican Recipes
- Vegetarian Egg Recipes
11.7 g fat
- 4 Quorn Vegetarian Fillets
- 4 corn tortillas
- 2 medium red onions
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 220g cherry tomatoes
- 1 green chilli
- 100g grated mozzarella
- Spray oil
- 1 lime
- A handful of fresh coriander
- Finely dice one of the red onions and place in a bowl with a pinch of salt and the juice of half a lime, stir and put to one side for later. The lime juice will slightly pickle your onions.
- Heat your oven to 180°C. Cut the tortillas in half then cut the halves into strips. Place the strips on a flat baking tray and spray with spray oil and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, turning half way, until golden and crispy.
- Coat the Quorn Fillets with the paprika and cayenne pepper and spray with oil. Place in a frying pan and cook on a medium heat, turning every so often until piping hot throughout – about 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and put to one side reserving the pan.
- Peel and dice the remaining red onion. Remove the stalks and seeds from the peppers and cut into chunks then add to the frying pan cooking on a medium heat for around 5 minutes until softened and slightly charred.
- Whisk the eggs then add to the pan with the vegetables, stirring and cooking for 2-3 minutes until the eggs are just cooked. Take the pan off the heat.
- Mix the eggs, veggies, and corn tortilla strips together in the frying pan then shred the cooked Quorn Fillets and mix with tortillas and veggies.
- Transfer the mixture into a baking dish then sprinkle with the mozzarella. Cut about 5 of the tomatoes in half and place on top of the mozzarella, then slice your green chillies and place on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- For the salsa, finely chop the remaining tomatoes and add to your lime juice pickled red onions. Finely chop the coriander and add to the salsa, giving everything a good mix.
- Serve up your Quorn Fillet Migas with homemade salsa and enjoy!
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.