Vegetarian Sweet & Spicy Ramen Burger with Quorn Fillets
You need to make this Vegetarian Sweet & Spicy Ramen Burger with Quorn Vegetarian Fillets tonight. Our friends at MOB have come up with this air fryer chicken burger combining Quorn Vegetarian Fillets coated in crunchy golden ramen noodles and smothered in a simple sticky gochujang sauce and cooked in the air fryer!
Stack it between a brioche bun and layer with a quick carrot pickle and kimchi mayonnaise.
This is one of our favourite MOB recipes and is totally delicious.
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces Recipes
- Vegan and Vegetarian Air Fryer Recipes
- Vegetarian and Vegan MOB Recipes
- Meat Free Burger Recipes
IngredientsFor The Fillets:
- 4 Quorn Vegetarian Fillets
- 120g Gochujang
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1 garlic clove
- 100g instant ramen noodles
- 2 Carrots
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 150g mayonnaise
- 80g kimchi
- 4 seeded brioche buns
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 head of little gem lettuce
- Start by peeling your carrots and chopping them into matchsticks. Add to a bowl with the rice vinegar, sesame seeds and a pinch of salt. Give it a mix and set aside.
- Mix most of the mayonnaise with the kimchi and set aside.
- Heat up your air fryer to 210°C. Using a pestle and mortar, crush the ramen into a breadcrumb-like texture and add to a deep bowl. Paint the Quorn Vegetarian Fillets with the rest of the mayo, then drop into the crushed noodles, tossing to coat. Drizzle with oil and put in the air fryer for 20-25 mins until golden. Keep checking the fillets as they cook, as airfriers do vary brand to brand. If you don't have an airfryer you can shallow fry in a pan over a medium heat or bake in the oven.
- In the meantime, make the glaze by mixing the gochujang and honey and grating in the garlic. Open the ramen flavour sachet and add that too – if you’ve got a little sesame oil to hand, chuck that in too. Don’t worry if not. Loosen with a few tablespoons of water until it’s the same consistency as double cream.
- When the Quorn Vegetarian Fillets are golden, remove from the air fryer and pour over the glaze, coating on both sides.
- Spread the buns with some butter and toast in a hot pan until golden. Spread with the kimchi mayo, top with your little gem lettuces, the ramen-crusted Quorn Fillet, carrot pickles and a touch more sesame. Spread some mayo on the lid and top it all off.
The cooking time may need to increase based on the size of your air fryer, so increase as needed.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.