Creamy Quorn Vegetarian Fillet Bake
Our Creamy Quorn Vegetarian Fillet Bake is easy, low-cost, and guaranteed to become a firm favourite. This meat-free recipe will feed the family for less than a fiver. With it's rich and creamy tomato and mushroom sauce, paired with Quorn Vegetarian Fillets, you'll have everyone queueing up for seconds.
- Cheap Vegetarian Family Recipes
- Family Meal Recipes
- Vegan & Vegetarian Fillets & Pieces Recipes
- Meat Free Recipes
- 1 x 312g pack Quorn Fillets (defrosted)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 1 red onion, diced
- 175g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 330g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Optional serving suggestions:
- 200g kale
- 600g new potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 180c fan / 200c conventional.
- Combine 1 tbsp olive oil, salt, pepper, chilli powder and dried Italian style herbs and drizzle this over the defrosted Quorn Fillets. Cover and set aside to marinade.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan and sweat the onion and mushrooms until softened. Add in the cherry tomatoes and chilli flakes and cook for a couple of minutes, until the tomatoes start to blister.
- Pour over the vegetable stock and bring to a simmer. Add the marinated Quorn Fillets into the pan and transfer to the oven for 20-25 minutes until the stock has reduced into a rich sauce.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little, before stirring through the plain yoghurt. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with crispy oven roasted new potatoes and steamed kale (optional).
OPTIONAL SERVING SUGGESTIONS
To make the steamed kale:
- Pick the kale leaves, discarding the stalks and rinse under cold water.
- Season the kale with salt and pepper.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. And place a steamer pan or sieve over the top, add the kale and steam for 4-5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve alongside the creamy Quorn Fillet bake.
To make the oven roasted new potatoes:
- Preheat the oven to 180c fan / 200c conventional oven.
- Halve the new potatoes and spread them across a roasting tray. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper and give the tray a shake to ensure the potatoes are evenly dressed.
- Roast the potatoes in the oven for 30-35 minutes, until golden and starting to wrinkle and crisp up with fluffy centres
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Really tasty, went down a treat with my family!
Love ❤️ these recipes
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review