Peri Peri Kebab
Homemade flatbread generously topped with Quorn Makes Amazing Peri Peri Strips, pickled red onions, tomatoes and a zesty mint dressing – a vegan kebab with some pow!
A Little Effort
6.2 g of fat
- 1x pack Quorn Makes Amazing Peri Peri Strips
- Flatbread dough (1-part flour, 1-part coconut yoghurt & salt to taste)
- 100g flour
- 100g yoghurt
- 2g salt
- For the yoghurt & mint dressing
- 100ml coconut yoghurt
- 10g mint
- ½ lemon juice and zest
- For the pickled red onion
- 1x red onion
- 200g vinegar (white wine/red wine)
- 200g water
- 100g caster sugar
- Sliced cucumber – 30g
- Sliced tomato – 50g
- Handful each of chopped parsley/mint (10g each)
- Prepare the flatbread dough, then roll out & cook the individual flatbreads – in a griddle pan over a high heat for 1 – ½ minutes per side.
- For the dressing: juice and zest the lemon, chop the mint and then thoroughly mix the ingredients together.
- For the pickled onions: slice the red onion as thin as possible and in a pan place the sugar, water and vinegar, bring to a boil to dissolve the sugar and pour over the onions and leave to cool.
- Separately, using 1 tbsp of oil, fry the Quorn Makes Amazing Peri Peri Strips over a medium heat, turning frequently for 3 minutes.
- Spread each flatbread with a layer of the mint yoghurt dressing.
- Top with the cooked Quorn Makes Amazing Peri Peri Strips and add the pickled onions & sliced cucumber and tomato.
- Finish with a garnish of chopped fresh herbs.
- Roll if preferred to serve.
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review