Vegetarian Beef Casserole With Dumplings
Try a meat-free twist on this tasty vegetarian beef casserole with fluffy dumplings. Bursting with rich flavours using our Quorn Beef Roast. Perfect for cold wintry evenings.
A Little Effort
29 g of fat
- 1 pack Quorn Beef Roast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 25g butter
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 onions sliced
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 1 medium swede, chopped into chunks
- 150ml red wine
- 500ml meat-free stock
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 3tbps of fresh thyme
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp balsamic Vinegar
- For the Dumplings
- 125g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 60g suet
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Remove the Quorn Beef Roast from packaging and chop into large chunks.
- For the stew, heat the oil and butter into an overn-proof casserole dish over a medium heat. Fry the onion, garlic, celery, carrots, leek and swede for a couple of minutes until slightly softened. Add the flour and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the wine, stock and herbs. Add the beef roast chunks. Cover with lid and transfer to the oven for 1 hour to cook through.
- Meanwhile make the dumplings by sifting the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Add the suet and enough water to form a thick, sticky dough.
- With floured hands, roll the dough into small balls a spoonfull at a time.
- Remove casserole dish from oven and add dumplings on top of the stew. Recover, and return to the oven for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve!
Recipe inspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.Leave a review