Chipotle Black Bean Burgers
These Chipotle Black Bean Burgers are the absolute BEST homemade veggie mince and black bean burgers. Filled with Quorn Mince, onions, chipotle paste and spices, they're a delicious vegetarian option the whole family will love.
- Weeknight Dinner Recipes
- Family Meal Recipes
- Quick And Easy Vegan And Vegetarian Recipes
- Vegetarian Mince Recipes
16 g fat
- 300g Quorn Mince
- 1 Red onion, peeled
- 1 tin drained black beans, save 2 tbsp of the liquid
- 1 red pepper, de seeded
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp chipotle paste
- 75g fine breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 avocado
- 10g coriander, chopped
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 bag rocket/ mixed salad
- 3 tbps vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp chipotle paste
- 1 tsp vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 6 burger buns
- Peel and finely dice the onion, garlic, and red pepper.
- In a large plan fry 1 tsp of vegetable oil over medium heat. Fry the onions peppers and garlic for 5-6 minutes until starting to soften without colour.
- Add in the spices and chipotle paste, toast for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Mash the drained black beans if some remain whole that’s ok.
- Add in the vegetables and Quorn Mince, mix well until it starts to come together. Add the breadcrumbs and mix.
- Add one egg at a time and mix until completely combined and the mix binds together.
- Form into burger patties and place onto a baking parchment lined sheet and set aside.
- Place into a preheated oven at 180c for 20-25 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- Smash the avocado, mix with the lime and coriander, season and set aside.
- Slice the tomato and toast the buns.
- Mix the vegan mayo with remaining chipotle paste and spread on the top bun.
- Build your burger and enjoy!
Adding a little of the juice from the beans helps to keep the burgers moist & juicy. Softening the veg and toasting the spices really helps boost the flavours and give them depth.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.