- Pre-heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium to high heat and add the onions. Gently fry for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the carrots, celery and swede, cover and cook for a further 3 minutes stirring frequently
- Stir in the hot stock and porcini mushroom paste, bring to the boil then cover and cook for 2 minutes on a high heat. Stir in the Quorn Mince, vegetarian Worcestershire sauce and the fresh thyme. Cover and cook on a medium heat for a further 7 minutes
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill. Mix the mashed potato with the egg yolk and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Place in a microwaveable bowl, cover and cook on full power for 5 1/2 minutes. Stir in half of the cheese and all of the chopped chives. Make circles of potato approximately 8cm in diameter and 1cm deep using for example a cookie cutter. Place them on a greased oven proof sheet, sprinkle over the remaining cheese and grill for 1-2 minutes until golden brown and warmed through
- Add the cornflour and water to the Quorn Cottage Pie, continue to simmer stirring continuously for a 1-2 minutes until thickened then season to taste
- Serve a hearty spoonful of Quorn Cottage Pie topped with a golden potato topper
Serve with a selection of freshly steamed vegetables.