Quorn Mini Quiche Lorraine
Try our mini Quiche Lorraine recipe made using Quorn Vegetarian Bacon. Delicious and perfect for packed lunches and picnics with the family.
A Little Effort
- 4 strips Quorn Vegetarian Bacon
- Knob butter
- ½ small onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 60ml double cream
- 60ml milk
- 25g finely grated cheddar
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- 1 packet ready rolled puff pastry
Recipe makes 9 Mini Quiche Lorraine
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ Gas 6.
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan, add the onion and fry over a low heat until translucent.
- Remove the onion from the pan, quickly fry the Quorn Vegetarian Bacon Rashers until starting to turn golden. Remove from the heat, pour over the soy sauce and stir well to coat.
- Whisk the eggs, cream, milk, cheddar and chives together in a jug, then stir in the onion and bacon pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use a round cutter to cut 9 circles of pastry and lightly press them into a non stick bun or muffin tin. Pour the mixture into each of the pastry cases until 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes until golden, puffed and just set.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before carefully removing from the tin. Store any leftovers in a airtight tin for a day and reheat in a gentle oven.
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
These are quite tasty, and excellent for my partners lunch box a nice change from sandwiches. Delicious with Quorn Meatballs, peppers and mushrooms too. Can anyone tell me how many cals in each one though? Thanks.
Response from Quorn
We agree Michelle, these Mini Quiche Lorraine are an excellent lunchbox addition! There's 280 calories in each one too. Thanks for taking the time to provide a review.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.