Vegetarian Chicken Chasseur with Quorn Fillets
This Vegetarian Chicken Chasseur made with Quorn Fillets is an easy to make, richly flavoured, French Bistro classic.
Quorn Fillets are simply cooked in a rich white wine, tomato, mushroom and tarragon sauce. Serve with buttery mash and green vegetables for an easy, veggie midweek dinner.
A Little Effort
- 2 Quorn Vegetarian Fillets
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 15g butter
- 1 small onion – chopped
- 1 garlic clove – peeled and chopped
- 100g pack small button mushrooms
- 100ml dry white French wine
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 1 sprig of tarragon
- Heat the oil and half the butter in a large non stick frying pan. Season the Quorn Fillets and fry for about 10 minutes; turning once, until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set to one side
- Add the rest of the butter to the pan. Add the onion and garlic and fry for 5 minutes until soft and starting to brown. Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the wine, tomato purée and stock. Allow to simmer for a few minutes, then add the tarragon and return the Quorn Chicken Fillets to the pan
- Cover and simmer over a low heat for about 15 minutes. Remove the Quorn Chicken Fillets, then boil the sauce for about 5 minutes to reduce it and concentrate the flavour. Return the Quorn Chicken Fillets to the pan
- Serve with mashed potato and green vegetables
Why not try served over pasta, with Quorn Vegetarian Chicken Pieces as a tasty alternative?
Recipe InspirationSee all recipes
The nation has spoken
My new favourite recipe, absolutely lovely with roast potatoes
Made this with mash and green peas. Absolutely gorgeous will certainly be making this on a regular basis!!
Absolutely delicious & so easy to make. Will be a regular dinner here.
Rate & review
Leave a star rating and/or a review for this recipe. Your feedback will help the nation to make smart shopping choices, and we'll use it to learn & improve our recipes.