Quorn Sausage Cassoulet
4 out of 5, 1 based on 42 ratings
Try this delicious recipe for sausage cassoulet - using Quorn Garlic and Parsley Sausages cooked in wine with onion, celery and carrots.
- 1 pack Quorn Wild Garlic & Parsley Sausages
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 bouquet garni
- A few sprigs of thyme
- A handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into 8’s,
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 150ml dry or medium white wine400g tin of cannellini, borlotti or haricot beans, or a mix
- 2 tbsp fresh breadcrumb
- Salt, black pepper and lime juice to season
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas Mark 3
- Heat half of the oil and add the onion, celery and carrots for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic, bouquet garni, parsley, half of the thyme, wine and stock and beans and bring to the boil then place in an ovenproof container and cook in the middle of the oven for 40 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan and gently fry the sausages until browned, remove and set aside
- Remove the cassoulet from the oven, add the Quorn Wild Garlic & Parsley Sausages, season with salt and black pepper and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Stir in the tomatoes. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs and the remaining thyme over and bake for a further 20 minutes or until the beans are softened. Remove the bouquet garni before serving
Serve with a green salad